Residence for Seniors and Extension of CAP Marià Fortuny (Reus)
The new construction is a residence for seniors with a capacity for 72 people distributed in 36 double rooms. There is also a day-care centre and the extension of the existing primary care centre.
The functional program is very diverse and includes different uses, such as offices, kitchenette with dining room, bedrooms and the relevant technical areas.
Constructively it is a building that combines two systems: construction ‘in situ’ and the industrialized building system. The basement and ground floor are constructed with concrete pillars and reticular ceilings. The next two floors (consisting of bedrooms) are built with a modular system from the Compact Habit company. The stairs, dining rooms and control units of these floors are made ‘in situ’.
The facade of these modules has been finished in ‘GRC’, in the rest of the building, a curtain wall and ceramic brick has been used.
The main tasks that have been completed by the Project Management are:
- Execution of the Project and the Environmental License.
- Following and processing of licenses and permits.
- Directing the execution of the project.
- Monitoring and control of costs, compliance with deadlines and quality control of the execution.
- Reception and start-up of the building.
- Management in the contracting of services.
The Management was developed jointly with the Technical Office of the Sant Joan Hospital.